Sunday, March 8, 2009

Welcome





















The purpose of this blog is two fold - 1) If I ever do find Mr Wonderful, I want to remember the journey to find him ........often bumpy, sometimes funny, sometimes sad........... dating is difficult at any age, but especially over the age of 50 when we must blend lives, careers, families, traditions, friends, etc.

I call this 1,000 Bad Dates but the reality is - they have not all been bad and I've made some great friends along the way.

I am in the process of writing a book............so tell me about your "bad dates"............they can't be worse than mine.....

And then there was the guy who said he lived on a golf course...........it ran all around his property.... it turned out to be 9 juice cans buried in his lawn.... with dowel sticks stuck in them and his old, t-shirts with holes in them tied to the end for a flag. I should probably add he told me he was 56 and active, young for his age. He pulled up driving a car with the handicap sticker swaying..... and MUCH older than 56.

And then there was "The General "................... more on him later.

Come on... share your story....................

2 comments:

  1. I don't feel so bad dating a 71 year old now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH OOH! See, this is what happens when you work BACKWARDS through a blog.

    *cracks knuckles and opens a word processor*

    (39 swm, in the big big city, dating via lots of things.)

    ReplyDelete